This is kind of a different blog. I'm going to "go Jesus" on you today. By that I mean, today's blog is one of those that's going to focus on my faith and cheer Jesus on- hence, "Go Jesus!"
Last night, Wyatt and I attended a dinner at the Cathedral (where we got married), with the priest who married us (Fr. Francis), the monsignor (Monsignor Kevin), and 9 other newly married couples. We were invited by Fr. Francis to join these select couples to form a young married couples group- a fellowship of newly married couples who could share their experiences with one another. There is already a group for married couples called Couples for Christ, but the issues they deal with seem to be different from the issues newly married couples have to deal with. So this group is somewhat of a spin-off of Couples for Christ. It's distinctly for young newly married couples (1-7 years). I have prayed so long for a group like this- a place where we could be with other couples who share our faith and are all working on the same thing we are- keeping Christ at the center of their relationships.
In preparation for marriage, Wyatt and I did A LOT of soul searching and church-searching. We both wanted a solid foundation to start our marriage. After finally solidifying that foundation through our faith, the one thing we lacked was the ability to share our faith with young couples around us (not because we couldn't, but sadly more because most people just don't want to hear about Him). Wyatt and I have amazing friends...AMAZING...and although they are really supportive and respectful of our faith (as we are with their's), I'm so glad we now have a group of (what we someday hope to be) friends that have the same faith as we do.
The more our faith grows inside us individually, as well as a couple, the harder it is to find a happy medium between sharing your joy because of your faith and offending people. That's just how the world seems to work these days and I don't want to offend anyone. The truth of the matter is, I respect people for their own beliefs and share in their joys that come out of their own faith. I just find it comforting to be able to say that our marriage works because we try to keep Him at the core of it. The majority of the time, this is tough to do, but the important part is, it always comes back to Him in the end.
Wyatt and I have grown so much together in our faith and I cannot wait to see all the positive changes that this group has to offer. If you met them, you too would see that these couples are not perfect, but He is at the heart of everything they do. We feel so blessed to have been chosen to be a part of this fellowship and to know that our priest felt we would have positive things to contribute.
God Bless,
Kat
Last night, Wyatt and I attended a dinner at the Cathedral (where we got married), with the priest who married us (Fr. Francis), the monsignor (Monsignor Kevin), and 9 other newly married couples. We were invited by Fr. Francis to join these select couples to form a young married couples group- a fellowship of newly married couples who could share their experiences with one another. There is already a group for married couples called Couples for Christ, but the issues they deal with seem to be different from the issues newly married couples have to deal with. So this group is somewhat of a spin-off of Couples for Christ. It's distinctly for young newly married couples (1-7 years). I have prayed so long for a group like this- a place where we could be with other couples who share our faith and are all working on the same thing we are- keeping Christ at the center of their relationships.
In preparation for marriage, Wyatt and I did A LOT of soul searching and church-searching. We both wanted a solid foundation to start our marriage. After finally solidifying that foundation through our faith, the one thing we lacked was the ability to share our faith with young couples around us (not because we couldn't, but sadly more because most people just don't want to hear about Him). Wyatt and I have amazing friends...AMAZING...and although they are really supportive and respectful of our faith (as we are with their's), I'm so glad we now have a group of (what we someday hope to be) friends that have the same faith as we do.
The more our faith grows inside us individually, as well as a couple, the harder it is to find a happy medium between sharing your joy because of your faith and offending people. That's just how the world seems to work these days and I don't want to offend anyone. The truth of the matter is, I respect people for their own beliefs and share in their joys that come out of their own faith. I just find it comforting to be able to say that our marriage works because we try to keep Him at the core of it. The majority of the time, this is tough to do, but the important part is, it always comes back to Him in the end.
Wyatt and I have grown so much together in our faith and I cannot wait to see all the positive changes that this group has to offer. If you met them, you too would see that these couples are not perfect, but He is at the heart of everything they do. We feel so blessed to have been chosen to be a part of this fellowship and to know that our priest felt we would have positive things to contribute.
God Bless,
Kat

Yay! For your new blog, and for Jesus! Praise God for his salvation by faith in Jesus Christ, that
ReplyDelete"...now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ. For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility." (Eph. 2:13-16)
Can't wait to see more posts! Love you guys!