This rolling business is SERIOUS. We are so unaccustomed to Bug rolling over in her sleep. Two days after first rolling over, she decided she'd roll over in the middle of the night. This scares me, but FREAKS Dad out. He literally cannot fall into a deep sleep, thinking that Bug moves so much at night now. The conversation went something like this...
Dad (angry): "Honey, I really can't sleep anymore. She keeps moving!"
Me: "Well, she's growing up. Do you stay completely still when you sleep?"
Dad: Silence.
(I'm sure he realized I made a good point.)
It frightens us that she can roll over and that now she loves to sleep on her side or on her tummy, but it frightens me less that she can roll to and from her back too. THIS is what we have to deal with now...
The only way to deal with it is once we put her in bed and she puts herself to sleep, we check in on her to see if she's rolled over. Once she has and is in a deep sleep, we put her back on her tummy. Then she just ends up on her side. She's too tired to roll over again all the way. It's hard work for a little girl!
Another result of this rolling business are the breathable bumpers. There was NO WAY I was going to let Bug roll around in her crib without bumpers so her arm and leg could get stuck. There was also NO WAY we could use the bumpers that came with the bedding. They were too padded and Bug did not appreciate how they took up her free space to roll around in her crib. So, we found breathable bumper pads...essentially mesh bumpers that also fold over if Bug ever decided to roll right to them. The inventions they come up with these days! Thank goodness! Bug moved enough before she could roll and now she can't stop. I have a feeling we'll be spending all our time in the future, running after her. She just cannot stay still.
This weekend, we had a meeting in the valley with our State Farm agent regarding life insurance. The office happened to be located near CSUN, where Wyatt and I both attended college. Even though we attended college around the same time, we never knew each other, so being on campus together felt strange. Even weirder...we had Bug with us. Yeah...we were the "old" folks with the baby, walking into the Bookstore with all the students prepping for the new semester. While walking around, we asked one of the students to take a picture of us. She did. Then she asked if we were "alumIni". Yeah, you got it right..."alumIni". Thinking this was the first time she had mispronounced "alumni", I let it slide. Then after we told her we were, she said, "My mom is an alumIni too." First, I hope she did not think we were her mom's age. Second, it's alumni. This shouldn't bother me so much, but for some reason it does. Every time she said it I kept thinking she wanted to say "aluminum". Haha.
The campus, by the way, is completely unrecognizable. CSUN must have come into some money because there were beautiful new buildings EVERYWHERE! Where were these facilities when we were there? Driving around was somewhat of a hazard. My husband is an engineer and looking at buildings is his "thing"...even more so when they come one after the other while driving. (This is almost as scary as when we drive by bridges on the freeway...almost.)
Bug has also been doing a ton of hand exercises. She's now recognizing she has control over her hands and this concept amazes her. She spends countless hours (okay, minutes...let's face it...her attention span is pretty short) opening and closing her hands, as well as grabbing things and letting them go. She hangs out on the bouncer grabbing and letting go of her toys, keeping Mommy company while I clean, put away clothes, etc. (whatever the chore may be at the moment). I've become better at handling both the baby and getting stuff done around the house. Go me! This is a major milestone for Mommy because now that Dad comes home later and isn't home to keep Bug company while I do stuff around the house, I can now multitask! Multitasking without a baby is one thing...multitasking with a baby...soooo hard!
Bug has also been doing a ton of hand exercises. She's now recognizing she has control over her hands and this concept amazes her. She spends countless hours (okay, minutes...let's face it...her attention span is pretty short) opening and closing her hands, as well as grabbing things and letting them go. She hangs out on the bouncer grabbing and letting go of her toys, keeping Mommy company while I clean, put away clothes, etc. (whatever the chore may be at the moment). I've become better at handling both the baby and getting stuff done around the house. Go me! This is a major milestone for Mommy because now that Dad comes home later and isn't home to keep Bug company while I do stuff around the house, I can now multitask! Multitasking without a baby is one thing...multitasking with a baby...soooo hard!
By the way, in case you were wondering, I'm insured. I feel so adult! (Not gonna lie.) Next up, life insurance for Bug!
God Bless,
Kat


Comments
Post a Comment