It's been awhile.
I'm 24 weeks into Baby D 2.0 and our entire household is preparing to welcome a fourth family member. Clothes are being organized, donating toys to make room for a crib in Buggy's room, and taking in as much time with Buggy before she turns into a big sister.
Speaking of Buggy...
4.5 years old should really be "wannabe 14 years old." There are so many changes (good and challenging) and we flip flop from one emotion to the next that sometimes I feel like I'm with a teenager. This phase of Bug's life has given us a real glimpse into her teenage years. One second she's profound, loving, thoughtful, and balanced. The next second, she's in tears because the hallway lights turned off. Truly, it's that simple. So each day is a hit or miss. Most days are good- really good. However, the days that aren't...really aren't. The picture below is from our most recent park day. She was unhappy with how fast someone was pushing her on the swing. So she walked away and was "talking" to her [imaginary] friends about how dangerous that is. (Clearly the adventurous type.)
About 2 seconds after her talk with her [imaginary] friends, she was better...not sure how that happened.
We're getting by and I'm hoping that this phase ends before baby arrives. My heart feels as though Buggy is just getting out all her "baby" traits before she turns into a big sister. And while we're talking about it, I'm feeling unbelievably guilty that after almost five years, Buggy's world will be rocked with a new baby who will take up a ton of our time. My only saving grace may be that Buggy's new hobby is talking to her baby brother in my tummy about all the ways she'll care for him. I hope things don't change when he's born. I hope her patience will continue to grow and that her transition into a big sister will be seamless. (Pray for us.)
It's amazing to think that in just a few short months, we'll have 2 kids. 2! Amazing. I'm feeling abundantly blessed by the opportunity to care for another child, to open our hearts even more and to see how this baby will transform us all (especially Big Sister, Bug). Meanwhile, please keep us in your prayers.
God Bless,
Kat


Comments
Post a Comment